Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Jack Not Name, Jack Job

So, I just received the greatest news of ALL time. As many of you probably know, I have a certain affinity for the Muppets...and by affinity I mean a downright obsession and absolute adoration. Well, for my birthday I had asked for "The Muppet Movie" (why I didn't already own this brilliant piece of cinema already, I have no idea). Much to my chagrin, I discovered that it had been recently discontinued. The only sign of this movies existed lied on ebay, where it was going for a minimum of 30 dollars. Sadly, I couldn't bring myself to spend quite that much at this point in time.

I was doing a routine check to see if I could find it for a decent price today, when I discovered that it is being rereleased.


YES! A brand new DVD is coming out this November and the box looks absolutely fabulous.And it's coming out with sweet Special Features including ''Backstage Disney'' and ''Pepe Profiles Present -- Kermit: A Frog's Life.' That's right, Pepe, the one thing that "The Muppet Movie" is missing is in the special features for the new edition. I'm so fricking excited and I absolutely cannot wait until Christmas. They're also putting out a new version of "Muppet Treasure Island" another stellar film. In fact, I think I may aim to round out my Muppet movie collection this Christmas. I have "Muppets from Space" and have no interest in "Muppets take Manhatten," that movie is a disgrace to all things Muppet although I should probably obtain it eventually just to round out the eventual masterpiece of a Muppet DVD collection. "The Great Muppet Caper" is qute a solid flick and then there's the first season of "The Muppet Show" that was just released. Oh, and I almost forgot "The Muppets Wizard of Oz" is out on DVD as well. I didn't manage to catch that when it aired, but I've heard good things. Geez, that's a lot of collecting I have to do, maybe I should span this enterprise over more than one Christmas. Oh and speaking of Christmas, I almost forgot their fabulous portrayal of "A Muppet Christmas Carol."

Why are there so many songs about rainbows
and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
-Kermit The Frog "Rainbow Connection"

No comments: