Saturday, August 20, 2005

Storytime: Friday Funny Business

So last night was absolutely insane. Here's my memory of the night in it's entirty. If you don't feel like reading all this, I recommend going to the bolded section, that's the most interesting part.

Manish and I left work at about 4, because neither of us really had anything to do. We went over to the liquor store and picked ourselves up a nice fifth of rum, went back to his house and had a few drinks. Then, we rushed over to the train station and barely made the 6 o'clock train after we had bought some sodas and chips. On the train, we both mixed the rum and the soda and killed the rest of that bottle. After a nice hot dog dinner, took a taxi cab over to Mad River where we had a 5 dollar cover and dollar drinks.

This is where things start to get a little fuzzy and I need to start relying on what other people told me later. Apparently we were there till like 10, during which time Audrey called me back because I had called her about meeting up. I do not recall anything about the conversation other than that it happened. Perhaps I will find out later and fill this part in at that point.

(13:20:41) Jack: what did i say when i talked to you?
(13:26:45) Audrey: haha
(13:26:47) Audrey: mostly just
(13:26:54) Audrey: AUDREYY PAAANNNGG

Amanda (the gf, not Noteware) also called me while I was there and left me a message, I returned the call later that evening, and I have no idea what I happened to say, still waiting on hearing back from that one. Considering that the last time I called her while drunk she said I said some "very interesting" things, I'm sort of worried.

I just heard from Amanda, she said that I apparently called her twice and left two identical messages. Apparently I called once, forgot that I had called, and called her again. Good news though, she's still talking to me, so we're in the clear.

I'm told that we then took a cab somewhere...and I vaguely remember being at some other bar. My memory picks back up at Wendy's, where I had the biggest hamburger Wendy's could conceive of. There were two girls there that Manish was talking to. I don't remember he was trying to get them to come to some concert and that they were not very attractive. After that we went outside, and while one of the guys who was with us went inside the other three of us sprinted away. I believe at this point we wandered around NYC for a while and somehow we lost one of the other guys, so it was left with me and Manish.

For those of you who have skipped to this section, at this point in the story I am wasted and just emerging from a blackout. So, Manish instructs me to remove a small tree from it's planter and in a feat of awe-inspiring strength, I comply. I believe we did this a few times. I just found out that there are pictures of this whole incident, I'll be sure to post the link once I get it. At some point, Manish took a tree that I removed and began walking around to different couples and trying to sell them as if they were flowers and that after a while we would yell "YOU'VE JUST BEEN PUNKED" and point to random places around the street saying that there were cameras. Some dude bought one for 5 bucks...Manish still owes me my half of the profit from our little business venture there. I removed one last tree and left it in the middle of the street.

After all this we decided that it was time to go home, so we went to the train station, I bought myself a Bailey's Irish Cream milkshake and then we got on the train and feel asleep on the way back. Somebody remained concious enough to wake us all up at Princeton Junction. Manish's friend Jeff drove me back to my car in the psych dept parking lot, where I slept in the trunk.

No comments: