Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Self-Exploration

Since the inception of this blog 185 posts ago, the tone and the type of writing has evolved and changed several times. Between periods of jocularity and documentation of absurd conversations to rants about minor things that nobody seems to want to talk about to highlighting interesting points to documenting absurd stories and events in my life to highlighting old posts to academic insight and to, most recently, highlighting superficial things I discover on the internet. Today I start a new series of posts. I will call it My Series. For all of the post titles I plan on stealing the Scrubs titling style of calling them "My ________." This is largely due to the fact that I see the series as being my personal version of the way the Scrubs story is told. To me the best episodes of the shows are the ones that are truly deep and meaningful to the main character, those where the events in the episode highlight a specific belief or way of living for him and that is somewhat the format that I plan on using for these posts.

My move to California and several events that have happened out here as well as the large amount of time I spend running has caused me to recently experience a large amount of self-reflection. A sort of reminiscence of how I got to where I am today. Not just in the sense of where I am as far as location, job placement, and various other accomplishments. But where my current belief structure and the way I generally live my life has come from. This goes far deeper than any surface accomplishments I have made as these principles have generally guided nearly every decision I have ever made and I've recently spotted a number of events to be of particular note in either developing my entire sense of self or illuminating a specific aspect of myself or simply being events that I think are represents things that are essential to who I am as a person. This is likely to get very deep and will function as a very large window too my soul. I don't necessarily do this for any sort of voyeuristic thing or that I think people really want to know this about me. I do it because it seems like a wonderful writing exercise and I'm excited about exploring these ideas and I've always found that my thoughts are most firmly constructed and concrete when I am writing them. My blog is probably the greatest form of self-expression that I have and is the closest thing I'll ever have to creating any sort of art. Not that I think that anything I write is worthy of being considered to be art. I just mean as a form of self expression and means of conveying things inside of me to the outside world. Even if nobody reads it.

In any case, this was a rather long post just to explain what I'm about to do to the 2 people who will ever read any of this. I think I really just needed to write this out to focus myself and determine exactly what I plan on doing with this project.

I still don't have a reason
And you don't have the time.

No comments: