Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My Thesis in Review

So in the past two days I've gotten back my advisor's and my second reader's reviews of my thesis as well as had my Thesis defense.

Let's just say things went well.

Some choice phrases that they used to describe my thesis, "remarkable", "quite consistentn and often quite interesting", "incredible job", and "truly impressive." Yeah that's right I'm a badass. After my thesis defense my second reader, Professor John Darly (quite famous psych dude), asked me what my future plans were. I told him I'm working as a research assistant and probably applying to grad school. To which he responded "So you're continuing in psychology, that'll be good for you...and good for psychology." That is quite possibly one of the greatest academic compliments I've received in my entire life. To have such a reknown research say that to me is an indescribable feeling.

I can't even begin to explain how fantastic this feels. It's not secret that my academics here have been rather lacking, but to be able to do well at what is "quintisentially Princeton" is one of the greatest accomplishments in my life. I've often questionned whether I belong here and been worried that I'd have nothing to prove that I did. But now, I know that I can stand in the face of anyone who challenges my presence here with my thesis, my precious labor of love.

This is your song
These are the right words to say
This is the life that I live every day
This is your voice
This is my red, white, and blue
This is my anthem to you
-Welbilt "Anthem"

No comments: