Thursday, February 23, 2006

Changing Faces

I'm sure you've all heard about the woman who recently received the first partial face transplant (left), but I don't really know how many people know WHY she needed a face transplant. The initial story that leaked was that after a spat with family members, she overdosed on sleeping pills and was passed out when HER DOG TRIED TO EAT HER FACE! And then:
"When I woke up, I tried to light a cigarette, and I didn'’t understand why I couldn'’t hold it between my lips,"” she said. "“That's when I saw the pool of blood and the dog next to me. I looked at myself in the mirror, and there, horrified, I couldn'’t believe what I saw— especially because it didn'’t hurt. Ever since this day, my life has changed."
In further reports the surgeons who performed the surgery have claimed that it was not a suicide attempt, but that she only took one sleeping pill. However, I don't know if I can buy this. I don't know if I can believe that one sleeping pill is strong enough to make it so you don't feel a DOG EATING YOUR FACE. That's almost as ludicrous as apologizing to the person that shot you in the face causing you a heart attack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should get a face transplant!