Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ignorance is Spite

As I read this article, I immediately realized that I needed to write a post about it. But then I sat and thought a moment, and realized that this is my second blog regarding Kevin Federline in a month. And I have to ask myself, why the obsession? I think it may be because Kevin Federline is a caricature of things that I hate most. He is especially an example of an ignorant fool, and something that draw my ire even more so than an ignorant fool...an ignorant fool that is successful. An irresponsible fool who left his pregnant girlfriend in a lurch to be with Brittany Spears and accelerated her return to the land of white trash. He's been thrown out of the house by Brittany and his abilities as a father are highly questionable, especially since he apparently smokes pot all day. The fact that this is a face of success in America sickens me. I suppose "success" is a relative term. He still has no real accomplishments to his name, but he's at least been given many of the benefits of success such as fame and nice things. I think what bothers me most is that this guy is a scumbag and he's better off financially than the many incredible people I have had the pleasure of knowing.

In any case this post was supposed to be about the article in Newsweek. This is the first of two Newsweek related posts I'll be making this week, be prepared for one about Europe the next time I get bored. In this interview with Newsweek, they allude to the possible success of his impending album which will be released in the spring. He sites the fact that his site has received 2 million soon after his single "Popozao" was posted. I feel like he's missed something though...I'm not sure if he realizes how much of a joke he is considered to be. Sure, I've downloaded the song, but I downloaded it for the same reason I watch the Numa Numa video or my first experience with viral media, Yatta [Ed: Viral media refers to the means of distribution, I am not posting viruses here.] It's sort of an "I can't believe that people actually did this," reaction not an "Oh this is an awesome song!" reaction. Besides it's so hilarious that it's ripe for mockery and I just can't resist it. My guess is that most of those 2 million hits are people who are laughing their asses of at it or at the very best...morbid curiosity...kind of like looking at a picture of the fattest twins in the world riding motorcycles (right). Oh Guinness, you not only give me pleasure today, but you've given me wonderful memories of reading about human obscurities and amazing feats through all of my life.

G R Double-E N Leaves
G R Double-E N Leaves

It's so easy! Happy-go-lucky!
We are the world! We did it!
Hyuu! Hyuu! Hyuu! Hyuu! Osu! Osu! Osu! Osu! (Ai!)
Yatta! Yatta!
Daigaku gohgaku
Yatta! Yatta!
Shachoh shuunin
Happa ichimai areba ii. Ikite iru kara lucky da!

No comments: