Friday, March 24, 2006

Bathroom Attendants

For those of you keeping track, this will be my second post regarding my pet peeves with things associated with lavatory issues. The other post being one of my first regarding toilets that automatically flush. Another one of my personal hatreds are the people who work in bars and clubs as bathroom attendants. What bothers me most is that the provide a service that I don't need and they basically force that service upon me. When I go to the bathroom, I don't need someone to hand me a paper towel. I don't need to refresh my cologne, I put my own cologne on at the beginning of the night and at this point the smell of beer is so strong that it would countermand any effort I made to make myself smell otherwise. And when I go to the bathroom they're standing right there at the ready to do something I do not want them to do. I feel that it's the equivalent of someone coming up to me on the street and cutting my hair and then expecting me to pay them for it. Actually, that's a pretty weak analogy. In reality, they're like the homeless people who come up to your car and wash your windows, which often results in the windows being covered in streaks so that when you get to your destination you need to clean your windows again otherwise. Still, you feel someone obliged to tip them. This is the problem with the bathroom attendants. The only way to avoid them is to simply not wash your hands after you go to the bathroom, which is kind of gross, but many times is also necessary. So I'm adding Bathroom Attendants to my list of people I have a strong dislike towards. I know they're just trying to make a living and all, but I really don't like people pushing their services upon me making me loath excreting and even worse making me feel dirty.

Save a horse ride a moosehead

No comments: