Saturday, March 25, 2006

Window Washing

I was thinking about my previous post and how I somewhat put down window washers. I really think that I don't mind them quite as much as I mind those damned bathroom attendants. At least the ones who actually manage to clean the window of the car. If they're just throwing crap at your car, that's no good, but if they're sincerely making an effort to make a contribution to society, that's a different story. Often I really do need my windows cleaned, but I just never get around to doing it. In any case, I think these people are making a legitimate effort to do work and get paid for it. They may be having real difficulty in getting a real job, so they come up with the washing windows idea. That's all they can really pull of doing and they're motivated to do something. While I realize the bathroom attendants are also trying to make a living, I really feel like there's something else they can do other than be bathroom attendants. They're always very nicely dress and I bet you they bring in a lot more money than we all think. Think about it, most of the people who go in there feel extremely guilty about not tipping those guys, I think that results in a lot of people actually tipping them. Plus, they're always so nicely dressed, that shit they wear doesn't come cheap [...maybe i should become a bathroom attendant...]. Thus, I can only assume that these people are fully capable of getting a job that doesn't piss me off. Also, here's a fun fact, most bathroom attendants aren't employed by the bars or clubs you see them in, many of them are independent contractors that bars and clubs allow to take up residency in their bathrooms. I feel like I've come off as quite callous in these two posts, but I really have to get across the level of discomfort I feel when someone tries to force this sort of thing on me.
and I'm out of my league once again.

No comments: