Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mayberry

There are certain times where I really miss some of my wonderful friends from Princeton. This weekend was one of those times, despite the fact that I went boozing with one of them last night. Right now there are a few very good friends of mine that haven't been able to talk to even over IM in ages. There are two that stick out in my mind in particular. One is in Africa teaching orphans how to speak English, the other is in Australia doing God knows what. My only contact with my Africa friend has been through sparse emails that we have exchanged when she's had access to a computer. It's weird considering how close of a friend she was at Princeton and it's really quite a shame that we don't really talk at all. I eagerly await her return

Also, have you ever noticed at the end of Super Troopers when they're busting up that party, before Rabbit rips off his uniform revealing that he is actually a cop, he rips off his fake mustache. Priceless.

I miss Mayberry

Sitting on the porch drinking
Ice cold Cherry Coke
Where everything is black and white
Picking on a six string
Where people pass by and you call
Them by their first name
Watching the clouds roll by
Bye, bye

No comments: