Thursday, June 01, 2006

Reunions

Today marks the first day of the 3 day extravaganza known as reunions. It also marks the reunion of myself with my blog. I know I've been slacking in the blogging department. I can't count the number of times I started to write something, but then lost my train of thought or got distracted (ooo shiny) and ultimately failed to complete the post. I'll likely post more about reunions itself at the conclusion at th end of the week. For an idea of the kind of post to expect, I refer you to last years reunions recap.

For those who don't know Princeton has the greatest reunions system of any school in the country. People don't just come back for their 5th, 10th, etc, but for many of the reunions in between. For instance many alums come back for every reunion through the 5th (my current plan), however they start to slack in their attendance beyond that due to external circumstances (such as ankle biters aka children). It is the single largest order of beer for Budweiser (it used to be 2nd behind the Indy 500 but then that went dry) and has been known to go through 300 kegs (and actually that was just for the 5th reunion, I'm sure if you count the other tents that'd be about another 50, plus there's liquor, wine, margaritas...). So all in all it is quite the alcoholic fanfare, plus there's the fact that you get to catch up with all your old classmates and drink with old folks. They also have pretty sweet bands and DJ's playing every night which is another good time. Friday night Princeton Quadrangle Club, my old stomping grounds, will once again be having (my pet project my junior year as moosehead) Alumni Karaoke. I remember when I thought of this oh so many years ago I thought then, as I still do, that it was the greatest idea I've ever had. Saturday will be the P-Rade, which I can't really put into words. Basically, I think it would suck for anyone who wasn't an alum of Princeton, but for those of us who are, it's the greatest part of the whole 3 days. Oh and there's fireworks too. So, I'm looking forward to the next three days to say the least.

Well, I had more news to impart to my loyal readers, but I think that this post is getting a little long, so I'll save it for another day.

Back in (orange &) black, I hit the sack,
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm let loose from the noose,
That's kept me hangin' about
I been livin like a star 'cause it's gettin' me high,
Forget the hearse, 'cause I never die
I got nine lives, tiger's eyes
Abusing every one of them and running wild

No comments: