Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Beer Hunter

This one was created by Hendi. I can't help but feel that this scene could actually take place someday. Would have been awesome for that Beirut Mockumentary we never made...
INT. REHAN'S APARTMENT – DAY [REUNIONS]
 
The place is cramped, littered with drinking paraphernalia. A
moose head is mounted above the sink and REHAN, who is half
into his tuxedo, is applying waterproofing to a pair of ping pong balls. JACK smiles, throws his kit on the stove and sits.
 
              JACK
           (indicates the waterproofing)
       You should have put that on last
       night.
 
              
               REHAN
       I know.
 
              JACK
       That way it sets.
 
              REHAN
       Yeah.
 
Pause.
 
              
               JACK
       I just wait. You know?
 
             REHAN
      Huh?
 
              JACK
       I just wait. For this... It's what
       I wait for... I wait all year.
 
              REHAN
       So do I.
 
 
              JACK
              (sharp)
       You do?
 
              
               REHAN
              (nods)
       Yeah.
 
REHAN grins, takes down his cups and begins wiping the beer
off them.
 
              JACK
       You think about it?
 
 
              REHAN
       Yeah.
 
              JACK
       So do I.
           (watches REHAN for a minute)
       I want to be ready... You have to
       be ready... It has to be there, in
       your mind.
 
              
               REHAN
       The shot?
 
              JACK
       Fucking A.
 
              REHAN
       I don't think about the shot that much.
 
              JACK
              (firmly)
       You have to think about the shot.
       It's the shot. The shot's it.
 
              REHAN
              
        (uncertain)
       Yeah... I guess.
 
              JACK
              
        (studies him)
       What do you think about?
 
              REHAN
 
       I don't know... I guess I think
       about the beer... Being out, maybe.
       I don't know. I think about it all.
       Hell, I like the girls, you know? I
       like the ways the girls are, all
       the different ways the girls are
       too.
 
              JACK
 
              (with a glance to the
               window)
       I'll tell you something, REHAN. I
       wouldn't play with anyone but you.
       I won't play with a yo-yo.
 
              REHAN
              (laughs)
       Yo-yo! Who's a yo-yo?
 
              JACK
       Who's a yo-yo...? Who do you
       think's a yo-yo! They're all yo
       yo's. I mean they're all great
       guys, for Christ's sake, but... The
       point is, REHAN, without you I'd
       play alone. Seriously. I would.
       That's what I'd do.
 
              REHAN
 
              (laughs)
       You're a fucking nut. You know
       that, JACK? You're a fucking
        maniac!
 
              JACK
       Yeah.
              
(he grins)
       When it comes to beirut, that's
       true.

No comments: