Thursday, March 15, 2007

Steak & BJ Day

For those of you who are unaware, yesterday was Steak and BJ day. The male equivalent to Valentine's Day. I believe the proper means of celebrating said holiday are pretty self-explanatory so I won't go into those details. Instead I'll tell you how I celebrated the day, given my currently single status. For lunch I went to the Greek Cafe and had a steak kabob. I then purchased a cut of filet mignon, marinated it in 2 tbs of soy sauce, 1 tbs of honey, and 1 minced clove of garlic. Come dinner time I threw that on the George Foreman grill for a few minutes and made up a side of mashed potatoes. I then busted out a bottle of Smoking Loon Merlot. I ate my steak and drank the entire bottle of Merlot while watching "The Outlaw Josie Wales," a classic western starring Clint Eastwood. My favorite line in which was when he and his compatriot were debating if they should bury the two men they just killed, to which Clint responds "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms." Badass. Anyway, I think this was the first time that I sat around and drank by myself in California. I have to say it wasn't so bad. I think the fact that I started drinking while I was eating dinner greatly lessened the feeling of being an alcoholic. Another interesting note is that last night's episode of South Park featured Cartman putting Butters' penis in his mouth and taking a picture of it (Please don't ask me to explain further, just watch the episode and it'll make some sort of South Parkian sense). I wonder if it was just a coincidence that this episode aired on Steak & BJ Day.

I hear in my mind
All of these voices
I hear in my mind all of these words
I hear in my mind
All of this music
And it breaks my heart

No comments: