Monday, May 07, 2007

This Week in Threadless - Chartfest

Threadless posted two awesome shirts this week.  Not to say that the others they posted were not quite good as well, but these two in particular really struck me.  It's probably because I'm a huge statistics nerd and anything that involves a chart instantly gets my barracudas swimming. 

The first is a Pie Chart of the percentages of pies.  It's so damn literal

Pie Chart by Graham Dobson 

The second is a graph of money vs. problems, highlighting the theory once postulated by the great philosopher Biggie Smalls that More Money, More Problems. I find it interesting that the relationship is apparently linear rather than exponential or logarithmic.  I think it's important to not that this graph only shows that a relationship does exist, not necessarily that there is a causational relationship.  Further studies must be done to establish the true nature of the relationship.

Biggie Was Right by Graham Shephard

I'd have to say that of the two, I prefer the latter, because it takes a piece of hip hop culture and nerdizes it.  I love it when people do that.

If I told you you were right
Would you take my hand tonight?
If I told you the reasons why
Would you leave your life and ride?
And ride…

No comments: