Thursday, September 22, 2005

Punting in the Red Zone

So back in February I became introduced to a new term, which I have started to use quite frequently in the past few weeks. This term is known as "punting in the red zone" and I thought I would familiarize you all with it. The likes of Rehan, Foulger, and JW are of course aware of this term already as it is they who informed me of this glorious phrase. "Punting in the red zone" refers to those times when you spend a large amount of an evening with a girl that you seem to be hitting it off with. You even take her back to her room/house/hotel/etc. Perhaps you even get invited in for one reason or another. It's basically when it's quite clear that you should make a move, but you fail to do so. Now, don't get me wrong, this doesn't necessarily mean that you were going to succeed in your move, just as being in the red zone does not guarantee a touchdown or field goal. This analogy is just referring to the fact that you are at the point where you should at least try for a field goal, but you just punt it away and don't even try. I punt in the red zone far too frequently and am working on this major character flaw.

Irish Weekend starts tomorrow, now there's a chance to avoid punting in the red zone :).

I'm a gentleman. If somebody disrespects my girl, I'll skin him.

No comments: