Saturday, March 11, 2006

Animal

Just a few things. I've recently gotten into Pearl Jam. This is for two reasons. The first is that Welbilt covered "Animal" he last time I saw them play, and for some reason them covering a song really gets me invigorated about it. The same happened with Todo's "Rains in Africa" and Crosby Stills and Nash's "Southern Cross." The other reason is Pearl Jam's new song "Worldwide Suicide." I was never really big into Pearl Jam in the '90's. At that point in my life I was still really into '70's and '80's rock with Led Zepplin, AC/DC, and Aerosmith being my three favorite bands. Nowadays I'd be hard pressed to include them into my top 10, especially Aerosmith, I've really lost interest in Steven Tyler and his ilk. I actually transitioned away from classic rock by really getting into country and then when I started to tire of country (not give it up all together, I still love the tunes of Mr. McGraw. I mean here that I started to move away from country as the style of music I primarily listen to) I returned to the rock world and became more interested in modern rock. This was around 2002-2003, so it was a bit past Pearl Jam's prime.

I'd rather be with an animal.

No comments: