Friday, March 31, 2006

iSuck

That title is probably a little flamboyant and over the top, but it just came to me. Actually it's probably not all that original, I'm sure that someone else has come up with that previously, but I like it, so screw you man. I'm not a big fan of Apple in general. A lot of people like it because it doesn't crash runs smoothly and all that kind of crap. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to sacrifice what you must sacrifice in order to go into the apple world, and that is flexibility. If you go with apple products, you have to do things the apple way and I don't really like that. A perfect example of this is the iPod, one of the most popular technological gadgets on the market. Unfortunately it's also overpriced and overrestrictive. It can afford to be overpriced because it's name recognition is so great that it overpowers people's general desire to research a product before they make a purchase. Frankly, there are other mp3 players that are at least as good, some better, as far as music quality hard drive space etc. that are cheaper than the iPod. However, the real iPod problem is the fact that it is so restrictive, especially as the newer generations come about. First of all it's fairly restrictive with its software in that you really need to use iTunes to use it. And I hate iTunes. Windows Media Player is far superior in my opinion. Here's the big difference between the two as I see it. WMP was originally designed to be a multimedia player and it's store functions evolved as a result of fufilling a commercial need. Meanwhile, as far as I can tell, iTunes seems to have been designed primarily as a store with a music player as a facade. And the store is a huge pain in my ass. I made the mistake of buying a CD off of there once and found that I was only able to play it on iTunes or on an iPod. I suppose that's all well and good if that's all you use to enjoy music, but I at least prefer the ability to use my products in various forms. WMP on the other hand lets you buy songs for the same price, but you get them in mp3 format, much better. In the end I probably didn't convince anyone of anything here. In the end people who use apple products like using apple products, they just aren't for me.

Hello hello

I’m at a place called Vertigo
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
Except you give me something I can feel, feel

No comments: