Tuesday, March 21, 2006

You Lack Heart

I really want to go to bed, but alas I must blog. I really thought that I would have more time to write these blogs over spring break, but somehow I still manage to be qute busy these days. I watched my brother play high school baseball for the first time today. No, I havn't been a neglectful brother, this was like his third or fourth high school game ever. He was pretty awesome. In related baseball news, I noticed that Puerto Rico played as their own country in the World Baseball Classic. Perhaps I misunderstood the U.S.'s relationship with Puerto Rico (which is quite possible), but I was pretty sure that Puerto Rico was a commenwealth of the United States, thus making it part of our country and not it's own individual country. I guess it gave Puerto Ricans the ability to play in the championship which they wouldn't have had if they were lumped in with the millionaires on the United States team. Was it just me, or does it seem like we would have had a better chance at winning had we sent out our college all-stars. I just feel like the pro players we sent out there just didn't really care. All they really care about is making the big bucks, and this wasn't exactly a lucrative oppurtunity. Now if we moved the WBC to be just before the draft, you better bet that those kids would be playing their little hearts out and we'd see some real American heart on that field.

Now it's supper time and his mama calls
Little boy starts home with his bat and ball
Says I am the greatest that is a fact
But even I didn't know I could pitch like that

No comments: