Friday, March 02, 2007

Cavemen the TV Series

I just felt like this was something I needed to share...they're making a tv show out of the Geico Cavemen commercials. I'm not really sure how to react to this. On one hand it seems so strange and for some reason unclean and wrong for this to be happening. On the other hand the writing and humor of those adds is very original and funny, so this just may be what the lackluster (with the exception of How I Met Your Mother, the greatest sitcom of all time) line-up of sitcoms currently on the market really needs. I think what generally impresses me the most about those adds is that they take something that could easily be very gimmicky and pander to the lowest common denominator and they go a more "smart" angle and avoid the cheap laughs.

Be a simple kind of man
Be a something, you love and understand

No comments: