Saturday, March 10, 2007

Running: Newport Beach

So I had planned to do a new run by my house, but instead decided to drive down to Newport Beach and go for a run along the ocean. Here's the route. I didn't have a watch on, but I think it took me about 70 minutes. I'm not exactly proud of 10 minute miles, but I wasn't exactly going for speed. I'm pretty sure this is the longests run I've done since I went to J. Robinson's Intensive Wrestling Camp before my senior year in high school. (Read Hell) That run was 12 miles I believe. I felt really good about the run as I was doing it. I definitley could have done at least another 4 miles without much trouble. It was a much more fun run than what I've been used to. There were a lot of people along the run, so it was cool to see them. I had one girl try to sell my girl scout cookies and some other kids try to sell me lemonade. Apparently they aren't choosy sales people since I wasn't exactly a high percentage candidate considering I didn't even have a shirt on let alone pockets in which I could be carrying money. Stupid entrepreneurial ankle biters.

So, when they tap our mundane heads,
To zombie-walk in our stead,
This town seems hardly worth our time,
And we'll no longer memorize or rhyme,
Too far along in our climb,
Stepping over what now towers to the sky,
With no connection.

No comments: